I’ve had this post in my draft box for 6 months. I wrote down pointers when Will was rehabing so I wouldn’t forget what to do when he came back.
1. Feel each step in the reins
2. Counter shoulder-in exercises really helped to keep Will through and soft (DON’T FORGET)
3. Direct with my reins, instead of pulling back
4. Yield the feet over in the canter, then bound forward
5. Step into my stirrups for the changes, instead of over asking with my leg
6. Remember to ride after the change!
7. Keep my outside shoulder back in half-passes